Thursday, November 26, 2009

I CAN’T BELIEVE SHE’S MINE

© by Stan C. Countz Nov. 2009

Well I love the way she looks at me
When she thinks that I can’t see her
She probably thinks that I don’t love
And I don’t need her…but you know I do

She’s the reason why I can’t sleep at night
The smoke in my pipe, the coat to my tie
The cream to my pie, the dream in my mind
And I find it hard to believe… she’s mine

She’s got that look in her eye
The one she thinks I can’t see
She’s the grape to my vine
And it’s hard to believe…
She’s mine

Like fine wine, our love gets better with time
She’s the sweet grape’ and I’m the rough vine
The magic takes place when the two combine
She makes me believe everything will be fine

Everyone can see I’m a fortunate guy
For the life of me I just don’t know why
She loves me but I know that she does
Sure we fight but we always make up

She’s got that look in her eye
And she shows me the signs
She’s the coke to my fries, the bee to my hive
And she makes me happy to be alive

She’s got that look in her eye
That says she can’t be denied
She’s the dream in my mind, makes me think I can fly
And I still can’t believe that she’s mine

Cuz she’s the moon to my shine, the fruit to my vine
And I find it hard to believe… she’s mine
I’ve gotta pinch myself each and every night
‘Cuz I still can’t believe… she’s mine

No comments:

Post a Comment